Another "must have" from artist Rodney White

Another "must have" from artist Rodney White
Life is always in Progress

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I realize a whole week has gone by since I blogged...sorry, I know that is a sin in blog world.
Mandy and I had a spectacular weekend in Sisters. The foliage on the drive over and back was so beautiful. I remember my parents driving up the Gorge in the fall to see my grandma and every year they would marvel at the beautiful fall colors and every year I would overlook whatever they were seeing. I remember thinking, uh, have they never seen yellow and orange leaves before? Now I am doing the same thing they did. Pointing it out to my poor kids how beautiful the trees look, loving the smell of the crisp fall air....
Mandy and I did lots of shopping, eating at yummy restaurants, and even spent Sunday at a great spa in Sisters called Shibui www.fivepinelodge.com/shibui/about.php We also both got new quilting projects at The Stitchin' Post. Love that store!
Ok, so the whole week has been dedicated to decorating for Christmas.... don't be alarmed, I know it is Halloween today. In Retail world if you don't have Christmas out this week, you are a slacker...I have a big crew of great little elves helping me. You are not going to believe this place. It is going to be so full of Christmas goodies....whew....

Have a great Halloween and I hope the darn rain stops so Emma can rock out in her Hannah Montana costume (complete with blonde wig and microphone) and everyone can get loads and loads of candy....just what every kid needs...

I will post a few pictures tomorrow of some of my fave Christmas goodies...until then, enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Mandy J said...

OMG...those pictures are making me laugh! I had such a GREAT time in Sisters, and you are such a GREAT friend! We'll have to make this our "annual girls weekend away"! AND, I can't wait to swing back by the ol' Golden Pear to check out the rest of the stuff you've hauled up from the scary basement and added to your Christmas Extravaganza that you've got goin' on! So far I have LOVED everything I've laid my eyes on! Love ya...Mandy

About Me

My photo
Albany, Oregon, United States