Another "must have" from artist Rodney White

Another "must have" from artist Rodney White
Life is always in Progress

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just feeling thankful...

I cannot believe Thanksgiving is almost here...wow. I am so ready for a yummy turkey dinner and hanging out with my family. I am truly thankful for a lot of things this year. After watching the Today show in the mornings I am always so stressed about the economy and what lies ahead for our country, but am also so thankful for the house I live in, the job I have, basically the privileged life I live compared to some folks who don't know where their next meal will come from. Wow, that was one long sentence that I am sure my English teacher friends will not like....sorry. Anyway, the Golden Pear is plugging along. It will not be our best Christmas year financially but we are still in business and for the most part I still love it. There are days when I say I don't, but I really do. It can be a lot of work owning your own business but also very rewarding. Well, I better rush home to get ready for 16 people for dinner tomorrow night. It is Luke's 12Th birthday!!!! Oh, and his life would be complete if he received a cell phone for his birthday....sorry son, so not gonna happen. I know, I know, he is the last one on the planet that doesn't have one...I am holding out...:)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Albany, Oregon, United States