Another "must have" from artist Rodney White

Another "must have" from artist Rodney White
Life is always in Progress

Saturday, November 15, 2008

A little info...

Just letting everyone know about a very cool 2.5 mile Memorial Walk coming up on Thanksgiving morning! It is in honor of Boey Byers, a local little girl who lost her battle with cancer last year. The proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity of Albany, Mid-Valley Lions club, Sparrow Clubs USA and FISH of Albany. It starts at Ray's Market in North Albany on Thanksgiving morning at 9am. A great way to start your Thanksgiving so you can justify that pumpkin pie and whipped cream later and to get out of mom's hair while she is busy...
It only costs $10 and you get a t-shirt! There is two other runs that morning for my silly runner friends...a 3.75 mile run down Thorton Lake Drive and a 5.2 mile Scenic Challenge. You can sign up and view the routes at www.omroadrace.org Join me that morning, it will be fun. Both of my sisters and I think two of my nieces are in, as well as my friend Mandy! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Laura, thanks for the plug for the Thanksgiving morning race. I just heard about it this morning at the gym, and was wanting to sign up - now I know where! I'm signing up for the run portion of it ... but I reserve the right to change my mind that morning and walk if I'm not feeling it :)

About Me

My photo
Albany, Oregon, United States